"Creativity can neither be taught nor mass-produced."
I love to write and create. I also want to share my interest in photography, gardening, family, art, decorating, Christian faith and my enjoyment and gratitude to God for creating me and allowing me to thrive in my home setting. I love making my house a home. I am determined to 'bloom where I am transplanted'.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Finished Batik Quilt


Is it perfectly made?  No.


I really, really, like it. The colors are beautiful and juicy.  


I did some applique and embroidery. 


The backside is pretty too.


This was sort of an experimental quilt. It gave me ideas for future quilts.


 It is so pretty. I'm biased, you know.


As always, I'll be posting these photos on my Pinterest board. Now for my next creation. I'm having fun. I may enter this quilt/throw in the county fair.

8 comments:

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

Love the colours in this! Beautiful.

Marigold Jam said...

It doesn't need to be perfect for only God can do perfect. It's fabulous and filled with happy memories as no commercially produced quilt could ever be. Love it.

Mrs. JP said...

love it,,,love it. I'm inspired to get some batiks and maybe do a quilt as I go and then...copy-cat with some applique too! the colors are stunning.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, I like you Batik quilt too! A perfect entry for the country fair. LOVE the colors!

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

Surely this is a site well worth seeing.

Connie said...

Oh, I could get lost in the fabric of that quilt . . . lost in a way that I would never want to be found. It is beautiful and whoever has the good fortune of napping under it, will indeed have lovely dreams. I am new to quilting (about a year now) and I am hooked.
Your newest blogging sister,
Connie :)

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Joy, that is one beautiful quilt and if you asked me I'd say it was perfect. Gorgeous colors. You really should enter it in the fair..Happy Thursday..Judy

Farm Girl said...

Your quilts are so pretty. I love that fabric. I have never sewn with batiks. I love how bright and colorful they are. Have a lovely day.