"Creativity can neither be taught nor mass-produced."
I love to write and create. I also want to share my interest in photography, gardening, family, art, decorating, Christian faith and my enjoyment and gratitude to God for creating me and allowing me to thrive in my home setting. I love making my house a home. I am determined to 'bloom where I am transplanted'.

Friday, May 30, 2014

New Quilt Beginning


Ack! Phone photos don't do things justice, but just wanted to show the beginning of my latest quilt. It's a Batik quilt, I'm doing it in strips of every Batik fabric print I own as I love Batik prints.  It's going to be a small quilt, more like a hanging and I'm calling it an art quilt. I believe I'll be doing more of these, as I want to combine some techniques, perhaps even painting on some fabric and adding it in, as I've painted on fabric before and it was great fun. A combination of sewing, painting, design, maybe even story telling?

2 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Can't wait to see the finished article the story mixed media quilt sounds wonderful.

Mrs. JP said...

I really like batiks too and am sure it will be lovely. My Aunt has done some lovely wall hangings like you're describing. I would like to do that too,,,I think I'd need a pattern. Can't wait to see your progress.