"Creativity can neither be taught nor mass-produced."
I love to write and create. I also want to share my interest in photography, gardening, family, art, decorating, Christian faith and my enjoyment and gratitude to God for creating me and allowing me to thrive in my home setting. I love making my house a home. I am determined to 'bloom where I am transplanted'.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Karen's Quilt


I finally finished the quilt I made for my daughter for her birthday... last month. Sometimes, that's the way it goes. I did my best job ever on this quilt. A simple block quilt, yes, but this time most of the corners lined up, and I hand stitched the opening (when I turned it right side out) just perfectly. It measures 58" wide by 77" long. I'm not set up for large quilts, and I have to do a lot of the work on the floor. 


I added my 'Mama' label... have had these since she was a little girl.This is such a nice quilt, I would like it for myself!  I'm putting a few more photos on my Pinterest board. (See link in previous posts).  Now I can start some small, fun 'art'quilts for myself!

3 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Very pretty!

Mrs. JP said...

that is a beautiful quilt. I like your color choices and what a tag! who wouldn't cherish that? I too, am only set up for the small ones and am trying the quilt as you go method now (my aunt talked me into it because that's how her church does quilts for give-aways) and I'm really liking it. I found a youtube video and made my own way.
Love, love your quilt!

Joy said...

thank you. I'll have to look up that quilting method on youtube.