"Creativity can neither be taught nor mass-produced."
I love to write and create. I also want to share my interest in photography, gardening, family, art, decorating, Christian faith and my enjoyment and gratitude to God for creating me and allowing me to thrive in my home setting. I love making my house a home. I am determined to 'bloom where I am transplanted'.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Snow, Kids & Christmas

A few photos of when my brothers and I were kids. Seems like we had more snow back then...


I'm on the back, holding onto brother on the front.


We have the family dog-- a Staffordshire Terrier otherwise known as a Pit Bull, harnessed to the 'sleigh'... 


Looks like he needs some encouragement. This is one of our favorite memories, 'Dynamite' pulling our sled, and sledding down the hills around our home, and through a barbed wire fence into the woods. We would make snowmen, snow forts, and my brothers would pile up dried up Christmas trees and make a bonfire.
From us to you, have a wonderful Christmas.
Christmas memories.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

And the same to you! Your childhood sounds ideal. Having older brothers must have been fun. No, I don't think pitbulls make good sledding dogs, but they'd probably run off the wolves and bears! Merry Christmas Joy!

Jedidja said...

Love, LOVE this pictures. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Such great memories and pictures.
thanks for sharing.
have a blessed Christmas.

Scatterbrain

Hindsfeet said...

Sweet to see these pics, thanks, Joy.....

a very merry Christmas for you, m'dear.....

wishing you warm and cozy over there,

comfort and joy,
Elizabeth~*

Emmett Katherine said...

hope you had happy holidays! the pictures from your childhood looks serene and charming :) if you need more snow you should come on up to Ottawa!